The Mat-Su Salmon Science and Conservation Symposium is an annual forum to share information about salmon and their habitat in the Mat-Su Basin.
Presentations span a wide range of topics, including:
- Fish passage restoration on Mat-Su streams and assessment of their benefits to salmon
- Studies about geology, erosion, and salmon distribution on the Matanuska River
- Wetlands mapping and management
- Green infrastructure planning
- Salmon distribution throughout the Mat-Su Basin
- Conservation of public lands; and more!
This year we celebrated 10 years of bringing people together in support of healthy salmon habitat in the Mat-Su Valley! The 2017 Mat-Su Salmon Symposium was held November 8th & 9th at the Palmer Depot. Please check back frequently for updates on future symposiums.
To stay informed, please join our Mat-Su Salmon Partnership email list by signing up below.